The MLBC and MLBC Board Members are involved in various projects in Calaveras and Tuolumne Counties. We are seeking board members and memberships from Amador and Alpine Counties to support expanding the scope of projects to those counties.
- The MLBC has contributed to formulating a grant strategy for the Groveland Trail Heads in support of implementation of their approved mountain bike destination trail project in the Stanislaus Forest east of Groveland.
- The MLBC seeks to partner with like-minded associations and agencies to form a multi-jurisdictional trails committee to share vision and resources toward creating, improving, and maintaining regional trails.
- The MLBC is working to host bike rodeos in conjunction with CHP and local partners to support safe cycling.
- The MLBC is working to present Smart Cycling classes for foothills cyclists to improve riding skills and confidence.
- The MLBC is supporting the existing Bikes for Tykes component of the Sonora Community Holiday Party by collecting and repairing bikes for gifting. The MLBC supports integrating Bikes for Tykes and suggestions of family-friendly bike destinations with the bike rodeos.
- The MLBC supports the Sonora Composite MTB team with coaching assistance.
- The MLBC seeks to implement a “right-sized for the foothills” event maintenance support/bike kitchen solution such as a mobile support trailer.
Rides and Events
- Watch Motherlodebike on our homepage, Facebook, or Strava for upcoming casual-pace (no-drop) recreational rides.
- The MLBC helps the Calaveras Arts Council with organizational and operational support for Ride and Walk4Art.
- The MLBC supports the Groveland Trail Heads with course preparation help for the Groveland Grind.
- The MLBC helped present the Inaugural Tom Frost Memorial Old Priest Grade Climb by providing permit and operational assistance.
- The MLBC is interested in bringing back a Cherry Lake ride event.